St. John’s Parish Commercial/Institutional Addition and Renovation • South Salem, NY • 2008

St John’s Parish Hall addition - the original Stone church was built in 1885. Its detailing is in the American Gothic Revival architecture movement, called Carpenter Gothic. This style was used mainly on churches and small structures in the late 19th century. Elaborate wood detailing as seen in the churches original trim is a true example of the style. When asked to design an addition to the classic building. We chose to introduce board and batten siding, which is the most widely recognized siding of this period, in lieu of the stone, to allow the original stone church to retain its hierarchy and identity, while staying true to the Carpenter Gothic Style. Beautiful porches allow doors to be open during religion class, creating a pleasant environment for children to learn and play.

Welcome  |  Projects  |  Press  |  Contact  |  About  |  Privacy Statement | Terms Of Use | | Back to Top of Page
Copyright © 2017 by Ralph R. Mackin, Jr., PLLC, AIA. All rights reserved.

Website design, content management, and hosting by Accuraty Solutions, LLC